Things I didn’t know about marriage before I was married:
- Changing my name would be hard emotionally
- When Mark says he is thirsty and doesn’t get up to get a drink, that really means “Honey, will you go get me a drink”
- I melt every single time Mark introduces me as his wife
- When I yell, “FOLLOW THAT FIRE TRUCK!!” he will. Later he will return to the scene of the fire so I can see all the damage.
- Marriage didn’t fix anything , but somehow it made finding solutions much easier.
- I feel safe to share all the deep dark feelings I have with Mark. Things I didn’t know I would ever tell anyone.
- I want kids and not just because I “should have them” but because creating a family with Mark will be an exciting journey.